Do Furnaces Get Less Efficient as They Age in Green Valley Ranch, NV? Should My 20 Year Old Furnace Be Replaced?

If you have an older furnace in your home, you are probably aware that it could need to be replaced at any given time. When your furnace is 20 years old, it is definitely on the back end of its lifespan. In fact, if there were something that should go wrong with it, you may be far better off replacing rather than putting any money whatsoever into the old thing. The truth of the matter is, a 20 year old furnace isn’t going to be efficient at all. It will be about as inefficient as it gets prior to replacing it all together. Hal Mechanical is here to talk about the stats that go along with a 20 year old furnace and its efficiency.

Should a 20 Year Old Furnace Be Replaced?

There are some important points that you need to know about a furnace that is two decades old. Here are a couple things to remember:
– AFUE: The AFUE of any furnace is the number that is used to talk about the efficiency of the unit. At 20 years old, your furnace is only giving you about 78% efficiency. The other 22% is being completely lost in inefficiency. 78% of the energy it takes to power your furnace will be put into heating your home; the other 22% is lost.
– New Furnaces: When you have a new furnace installed in your home, you can count on 95% of the energy used to power the furnace is being put into heating your home. That is a big different right there.

Signs Your 20 Year Old Furnace is Going Out

If your furnace is on its last leg, there are definitely going to be signs that point in that direction. It isn’t going to just happen overnight and be obvious. Sometimes, it will be gradual and you will need to be paying attention to catch it. Here are some things to look for.
– Higher Gas Bills: If you have noticed that there is a steep increase in your gas bills from previous years, it could be a sign that your furnace is getting less and less efficient.
– Frequent Furnace Repairs: As your furnace gets older, you will find that repairs become more and more frequent. If you are constantly calling your HVAC specialist, you may want to consider replacement,
– Inefficient Heating: If there are hot and cold areas in your home, it is also a sign that your furnace isn’t able to keep up with the demands of your home.

Forced Air Furnace Heating Services in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada

If you are having issues with your 20 year old furnace and are considering replacement, you can turn to the pros at Hal Mechanical to help you find the right one and get it installed correctly. When we replace your furnace, you will see how much more efficiently and effectively your home is heated. Call us today!

Call Now Button