Anybody that is thinking about selling their home anytime soon will be looking for ways to increase the value as much as possible. This could include some remodeling projects definitely, but there are other ways to increase the value of your home as well. Replacing your AC system can be a great way to increase your comfort level as well as increase the value of your home. Hal Mechanical is here to talk about how replacing your AC system can increase the value of your home and when it makes sense.
How Much Does New HVAC Add to Home Value?
When it comes to replacing your AC system, you aren’t going to see the same return on your investment (ROI) in every home. Most of the time, it depends on the location of your home that determines how much you can plan on getting back in home value when you replace your AC system. Most people can plan on getting about 35-50% of the initial cost of an HVAC replacement back when they go to sell their home. Here is what makes the difference.
– Age of AC System: if you are dealing with an HVAC system that is over 15 years old, it can be a turn off to potential buyers because they know they will likely have to replace it soon.
– Climate & Weather Conditions for House Location: If you live in an area that requires AC during the summer months, it is going to be a big seller for potential buyers. In the Vegas area, you couldn’t survive without a well-functioning AC system and buyers will be drawn to a new unit in your home.
Choose the Most Efficient AC System
The amount of money you will get back when you replace your HVAC system will also depend on the type of system you choose for your home. Here are some things you should think about.
– Going Green: Everyone is doing this right now. If you have chosen an AC system that is advertising the fact that it is eco-friendly and will help you save the earth, it will likely attract buyers.
– AC Efficiency: No one wants to pay more to keep their home cooled than is absolutely necessary. Energy efficiency matters to homebuyers so it should to you as well.
– Space Saver AC Unit: If you can purchase a space saving unit, you should do it. People want to take up as little space as possible with their HVAC system. Choosing one that saves on space because the unit isn’t so large and bulky will pay off.
– AC Size Matters: You need to work with an HVAC professional to help you select the right sized unit for your home. If it is oversized or undersized, it won’t cool your home efficiently and end up costing you more in the long run.
Central Air Conditioning Tune Up Maintenance & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are getting ready to replace your AC, call on the cooling professionals at Hal Mechanical today!