Living in the Las Vegas desert requires an air-conditioned home. Living without one can be very uncomfortable and most would rather not experience it. As we come to rely on our air conditioning, it will continue to be used, and natural wear and tear will occur. It is important that you look out for a few signs that may indicate it is time to call in the AC professionals. With this in mind, we at Hal Mechanical would like to discuss a few warning signs that the air conditioner is in need of repair.
How Do You Tell if AC is Broken or Dying?
1) Vents are blowing warm air. A sure indicator that the air conditioner needs to be repaired is when you are noticing that warm air is coming out of the vents. From low refrigerant levels to an issue with the compressor, this could be due to several reasons. Generally, your HVAC tech will run a diagnostic to identify the problem and from there, they can get it repaired.
2) AC system is making loud sounds. As a red flag that it needs to be looked at by a professional, any strange noises coming from your air conditioning, such as grinding, banging, or squealing, needs to be attended sooner rather than later. Noises can occur for a number of reasons, and it could be something more serious, like a problem with the motor, or a minor issue, like a loose belt. These problems can only get worse, so it is important you do not ignore the problem.
3) Electricity bills have unnaturally spiked. If your energy bills have discrepancy from past years around the same, there could a problem with the air conditioning system. A dirty air filter or a problem with the thermostat are a few examples, though there are countless reasons this. An HVAC expert can quickly assess the problem and offer recommendation on how to remedy the problem.
4) Air conditioner is short cycling. What is known as short cycling is when your AC turns on and off more frequently than it should. It can be due to other problems, such as a clogged air filter or a refrigerant leak, however, it is more than likely being caused by an issue with the thermostat.
5) Poor, low or no Airflow. Usually indicating there’s a blockage somewhere in the system is when notice that there’s less airflow coming from the vents than usual. It could also be something more serious, like a problem with the fan, however, it could be something as simple as a dirty air filter as well.
6) AC Moisture concerns. You could have a clogged condensate drain or a refrigerant leak if you have recently noticed any water leaks or pools of water around your AC. It can be risky ignoring this sign of an issue.
Central Air Conditioner Repair, Replacement & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
It is critical to call in a professional AC contractor to take a look at your system if you notice any of these signs, or simply know your air conditioning system is not operating and its usual performance levels. An expert can get to the bottom of the issue at hand and make the necessary repairs. Call Hal Mechanical today if you are experiencing issues with your air conditioning system.