Can You Get Carbon Monoxide Poisoning from a Furnace Leak in Rancho Bel Air, NV?

If you talk to most people, they know what carbon monoxide is and that it is dangerous. However, what they may not know is how carbon monoxide can pose a risk in their home. They may not realize where the risks are in their home so that they can be aware of those areas of weakness to ensure they don’t fall victim to carbon monoxide poisoning. Hal Mechanical is here to talk about carbon monoxide poisoning and where it might be found in an ordinary home or apartment.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly if it is inhaled for a period of time. It is easily done if you don’t have the right protections in place to alert you the presence of carbon monoxide in the air you’re breathing. A lot of people that end up getting carbon monoxide poisoning will confuse the symptoms with the regular flu. The biggest difference between carbon monoxide and the flu is the fact that the flu will stick with you no matter where you go. If you have carbon monoxide poisoning, you will instantly start to feel better when you leave the space where carbon monoxide is present.

Signs & Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

There are many different symptoms to carbon monoxide poisoning. You may experience one or all of them. It is important that you know what they are so that you can be aware of the way that you feel if carbon monoxide becomes a problem in your home.
– Nausea
– Vomiting
– Dizziness
– Chest pain if you experience heart problems
– Angina
– Impaired vision
– Headaches
– Extreme fatigue
– Other flu-like symptoms

Where Carbon Monoxide Could Become a Problem in Your Home

There is more than one place in your home that you can experience a carbon monoxide leak. If you have gas powered appliances in your home like ovens, stovetops, and dryers, they can all become a problem if there is a leak somewhere. Some people have gas powered fireplaces that can also become a problem. The most common place that carbon monoxide is found in homes is the furnace though. There is an important part of your furnace called the heat exchanger. If this part develops a crack of any kind, it can allow carbon monoxide, a byproduct of burning natural gas, to leak out into the air you’re breathing. This is why it is so important to have your furnace serviced each year. The heating professional will give your furnace a thorough inspection and check for any cracking that could pose a serious threat to your home and anyone in it.

Forced Air Furnace Heating Services & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada

If you haven’t had your furnace serviced for a long time, you can call on the professionals at Hal Mechanical to come and take a look. We will make sure there are no hidden dangers inside your furnace and ensure it is working as efficiently as possible. Call us today!

Call Now Button