For most homeowners, whenever they hear their AC system kick on, they cringe to think what their energy bill is going to be. Many homeowners are keenly aware of how often and how long their AC has been running. If you are one of those homeowners and you have noticed that your AC is running far more than you think it should be, it might not could be your imagination. Hal Mechanical is here to talk about some of the problems that can lead to an AC that doesn’t seem to ever quit running.
Why Does My AC Stay on Constantly?
Even though some got a slow start here in the desert, we are now smack in the middle of triple digit temperatures. This can mean long days for your AC system. While your AC system might be on often during the hottest days of the summer, it should shut off here and there as it reaches the desired temperature in your home. When this doesn’t happen, it usually means you have an AC problem.
– Lack of AC Maintenance: It is vital to your AC system that you have it properly maintained by an HVAC professional. During these maintenance appointments the technician will thoroughly inspect your unit for any issues including low refrigerant levels, dirty condenser coils, air filters that need to be replaced, leaking, and any other issues that could be present. If you aren’t having your unit properly maintained, it can lead to issues like an AC unit that is running around the clock.
– Wrong Sized AC Unit: Many people don’t realize how important it is to have the right sized AC unit for your house. When your AC is installed, HVAC professionals will choose a unit designed to cool your home depending on the square footage. If you have an AC unit that is too small for your house, it will be working overtime to cool your house without ever reaching the desired temperature.
– No Airflow: Having the right amount of air flow in your unit is vital to it working properly as well. This is why it is so important to have the air filter changed on a regular basis. If air flow is restricted into your unit, it will be working twice as hard to cool your house.
How Can I Make My House Stay Cool?
For most homeowners, they are constantly looking for ways to keep their home cooler during the summer. Here are some tips to help your home stay as cool as possible:
– Keep windows covered during the hottest times of the day
– Avoid using the oven in the summer
– Utilize fans
– Use a programmable thermostat
Central Air Conditioning Services in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have noticed that your AC is on more often than it should be, you can turn to Hal Mechanical to help you get to the bottom of whatever is going on. We will be able to perform any necessary repairs to get your AC up and running again. Call us today!