Just like most working appliances, your AC will make some noise as it runs. You most likely don’t even realize it because you are so used to the noises that it makes. While it may make some noises that you haven’t noticed before every now and then, if your AC is making strange noises constantly, it’s time to get it checked out. Hal Mechanical is here to talk about strange sounds you may hear from your AC system and what they might mean.
What Does it Mean when Your AC Makes a Weird Noise?
If you ever notice that there are strange sounds coming from your AC system, you don’t want to ignore them. Depending on the sound that you’re dealing with, it could mean big problems that need to be addressed as soon as possible.
– Clanking: If it ever sounds like there is a piece of loose metal moving around inside your unit and making a clanking sound, it is possible that a part has become loose. You need to get to the bottom any clanking noise to ensure your unit isn’t falling apart.
– Banging: There are many noises that your AC system makes when it turns on, but you shouldn’t notice any loud banging. This is usually indicative of a problem with the compressor.
– Humming: A small amount of humming is normal for your AC system, but if you notice it on a regular basis, it could mean that there is an issue with the refrigeration system which is obviously an essential part of your system.
– Buzzing: When you hear buzzing, it can usually be linked to a problem with an electrical connection inside your unit.
– Squealing: If it ever sounds like your unit is about to burst and is making a squealing noise, you need to have it looked at right away. This means there is built up pressure somewhere in your unit and it can be dangerous.
– Clicking: Sometimes you may hear a small click as your AC turns on, but you shouldn’t hear a constant clicking. This can mean that there is a fundamental issue with your AC system that needs to be addressed.
– Gurgling: You should never wonder if your unit is under water. A loud gurgling noise coming from your system usually means that there is some leak somewhere internally causing it. It should be fixed as soon as possible to avoid serious problems.
Central Air Conditioning Installation, Replacement & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have noticed a sudden change in the way that your system sounds as it works to cool your house, you need to call on the heating and cooling professionals at Hal Mechanical to get your AC problem solved. We will diagnose the problem and provide you with a solution that will keep your AC system running so you stay cool no matter how hot it gets outside. Don’t ignore strange noises and call us today!