When the furnace is slightly failing, few homeowners notice. Generally, most people do not recognize there is a problem until the furnace simply does not work any longer. Being cold and uncomfortable at home is not something to look forward to. You will need a professional to help you with repairs if you notice the heat is not efficient. To help you avoid heavy repair costs and to get the furnace operating sooner rather than later, we at Hal Mechanical would like to share some early warning signs the furnace is failing.
When Should I Worry About My Furnace?
1) Rising Energy Costs. Your energy bills are high for no other reason. You can take into account that it is likely your furnace since you are not doing anything different. A clear sign is with high energy bills when you are battling against inefficiency. Finding the source of these energy spikes can likely come from the furnace and when they are found, Hal Mechanical is the leading expert.
2) Weird Smells Coming from Furnace. Any type of odor that you smell in your home when you have a furnace on, is a significant furnace problem. Odors are a likely sign something is wrong. If you let this go on unmitigated, it is going to be a huge problem in your home. With the help of the professional, you can fix this problem it is easily taken care.
3) Insufficient Heating. Discovering it is taking excessive time to heat up your home is a sure sign the furnace is not up to par. Compared to years previous, you want professional if you have noticed that heating is not putting forth the effort it did last year. Also, if you need a higher thermostat setting too, this can be an issue too. This also this requires help from our professionals.
4) Indoor Air Quality is Poor. There is an issue with the indoor air quality, excessive allergies or consecutive illnesses can indicate such problems. This might just mean that you are struggling with your home’s heater. A faulty heater is not an isolated event and will develop after more a domino effect type of situation, usually. However, the air quality is directly impacted. If you notice evidence of poor indoor air quality, call a pro.
5) What Color Should My Furnace Flames Be?. What you should always expect from a burner is a strong and steady blue flame. If the flames burn yellow, orange, or even red flames, there is an issue. Call in the certified experts to help with this severe issue as it is highly recommended that you do not attempt to troubleshoot this on your own and instead.
6) Loud Furnace Noises. An early sign the furnace is not doing well is hearing scraping, banging, rattling, or even squealing noises. We can work through any concerns.
7) Indoor Air Comfort. A suggestion that the furnace is faulty with an imbalance to the humidity in your home. Your heater is sucking up all your home’s moisture if your home is feeling dry and simply uncomfortable. Professionals can offer you both heating and indoor air quality services to remedy this situation.