Just like any other appliance in your home, your AC unit is likely to come across problems at some point. These ever important appliances are essential to survival in this desert that we live in. While there are several things that can wrong with your unit, there are many problems that are the most common ones that homeowners end up facing. If you are experiencing an air conditioning system that isn’t running properly, Hal Mechanical is here to talk about the most common problems homeowners face with their air conditioning units.
Solving Common Air Conditioning Problems
Following are some of the most likely culprits for AC problems you should be prepared for.
– Dirty Air Filter: Without proper air flow, you AC unit is unable to function properly. Not only that, but it will be working much harder than it needs to in order to keep up with the cooling demands of your home. You should be replacing your filter every month to avoid costly repairs, and this is one of the first places you should look if your AC can’t keep up with cooling your home.
– Faulty AC Wiring: Not only is faulty wiring dangerous, but it can cause your AC unit to not function properly. It can prevent electricity from getting to the unit and can cause constant tripped breakers.
– Low Refrigerant Levels: Freon is the chemical that is used to cool the air within your AC unit. When homeowners have low levels of refrigerant and need to have their lines charged, they most likely have a leak in the system as well.
– Broken AC Fan: The outside fan on your unit is responsible for getting rid of the heat inside your home and pushing it outside your house. If this isn’t working well, it can cause the compressor to overheat and experience problems.
– Frozen AC Coils: If you are turning your thermostat down too low, it can cause your whole unit to freeze up. Other causes of frozen coils include lack of airflow or obstructed return air ductwork. If you have low levels of refrigerant it can also be the cause of frozen coils.
– Overcrowded AC Unit: If you have bushes and other debris too close to your unit, it can cause restricted airflow and problems with your system. Make sure there isn’t any trash or anything else around your outside unit to ensure it works properly.
Air Conditioning Repair, Maintenance, Replacement & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
The best way to prevent these common problems from happening to your AC system is proper maintenance. At Hal Mechanical, we provide you with superior preventative maintenance programs that are designed to keep your AC system working flawlessly throughout even the hottest months of the year. You can count on our team of highly trained professionals to provide you with effective and courteous services that will exceed your expectations. Call us today to schedule your annual air conditioning maintenance.