There is no end in sight to the high temperatures of summertime in Las Vegas. We will be relying on our AC systems to keep us cool for several months still. This is why it is so important to make sure yours is working properly. Part of keeping your AC running is to know the signs that indicate a problem so it can get fixed long before you are left without any cool air to keep your comfortable. Hal Mechanical is here to share the signs you should be watching for this summer that point to an AC problem that needs to be repaired.
Common Problems with the AC System
If you have an AC problem brewing, there are going to be some signs that point in that direction. It is important that you know what they look like so that you can get the help you need before you are left with an AC that isn’t working at all.
– Warm Air: You shouldn’t experience warm air coming out of your vents when your thermostat is set to cool. If you do, check the thermostat settings and make sure all is well there. If the settings are right, then you probably have a problem that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
– AC Short Cycling: It may feel like your AC is running around the clock when we are in the thick of summertime. However, if you have noticed that it is turning on and shutting off more often than is necessary, it could be a short cycling problem that needs to be addressed.
– Poor Airflow: If you have noticed that there is a reduction in the air that is getting blown out of the vents in your home, it could be a sign that something is amiss as well. Sometimes, this can be caused by a dirty air filter, but it can also be a problem that needs to be looked at by an HVAC professional.
– Leaking AC: Since your AC removes moisture from your home as it works to cool it, it shouldn’t come as a surprise when you see some water draining out of the system. However, you shouldn’t have a lot of water that is pooling anywhere. It should simply move down the condensate drain. If there is pooling water, there is a malfunction somewhere.
– AC Odors: If you have an AC problem, it can come with foul smelling odors. This could smell like mold or even dirty socks. Foul smelling odors should be concerning.
Central Air Conditioner Repair, Replacement & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have any of the signs listed above present in your home, it is time to call on the pros at Hal Mechanical to come out and take a look. We will be able to fix anything that is wrong with your AC system so that you are kept cool during these dog days of summer. Call us today!