There is so much talk about our health and keeping our families safe from viruses and other health risks in the world today. There are many factors that play a role in remaining healthy and safe from the many health dangers that are out there. With ever present focus on our health, Hal Mechanical is here to talk about how your HVAC system can impact the health of those you love.
Air Conditioning & Health
This is the season that people are naturally focused on staying healthy with the cold and flu that is usually hanging around. However, often overlooked is the system that may not be quite as obvious as someone sneezing in your face. When you have an unhealthy HVAC system, it can cause some serious health concerns. The biggest concern with your HVAC system is mold. Even the smallest amount of mold in your HVAC system can cause some big problems for you.
How to Ensure You Have a Healthy & Efficient Air Conditioner
You may be asking what makes a healthy HVAC system. A healthy HVAC system will be running with proper air balance, proportional air flow in all the ductwork branches and working efficiently with optimal usage and as littler energy as possible. These goals are usually met differently when speaking of your AC or heating systems. But the bottom line is that the right amount of maintenance needs to be performed on both systems. Here is how you can ensure they are all working well.
Central Air Conditioning Unit Maintenance
Following is what you need to do to ensure your AC system is running properly.
1. The outside condensing unit needs to be free and clear of debris that could be blocking it.
2. The cement slab your outside unit is on needs to be level.
3. Once a year, your need to clean the dust and dirt that builds up from the system drain and cap. This is done easily with a vacuum.
4. Remember to replace your air filter every 1-3 months.
Forced Air Heating System Maintenance
This maintenance looks a little different for your heating system.
1. It’s important to turn your heating system on periodically throughout the year.
2. The pilot light should always be blue on your furnace or boiler, and you should be checking it regularly.
3. Have a carbon monoxide detector installed in your home to keep you safe from this dangerous gas.
HVAC Tune Ups, Repairs, Replacement & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Keeping both your heating and your AC systems properly maintained is one of the most effective ways to keep yourself safe. If you ever start to smell mold or mildew when you turn on your heating or air conditioning, you can count on the professionals at Hal Mechanical to help you get the problem under control and maintain optimal health. We would like all of our customers to know that your healthy and comfort is our top priority. Call us today!