Many people enjoy the summer, even the summers the Vegas Desert heat offers, from the sunshine to the warmth. When the air conditioner’s small, cylindrical part that transmits energy to your AC system starts acting faulty, the delightful summer can become an unwelcomed experience. The air conditioner capacitor is a component of the air conditioner that plays a vital role. Today, we at Hal Mechanical would like to address the common signs your capacitor is failing.
When Should I Replace My AC Capacitor?
1) AC Short Cycling Occurrences. It is the air conditioner short cycling during the day, which is normal when the air conditioner turns on for a time and then powers down to maintain the cool temperatures. It can be a malfunction with the capacitor, however, when you notice your system switching on and off often or just running constantly.
2) Power Bills Spiked. Most homeowners are familiar with the average number that is on the power bill during the peak of summer. Your system is working way too hard, in the event you are noticing a constant increase that continues to increase, your capacitor could be going out.
3) Warm Air from Air Vents. It can be presumed that the capacitor is failing, should your filter be new, and the air conditioner just simply is not blowing cool air.
4) AC is Not Powering On or Takes Longer than Usual to Run. Your capacitor may have reached the end of its lifespan if in the event it feels like it is taking forever to kick on or just plain will not turn on.
5) Thermostat is Not Reflecting Set Temperature. In the summer, setting the thermostat at 72 degrees Fahrenheit is common. There is an issue if it is set at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and the temperature never drops under 78 degrees Fahrenheit, however. Your capacitor may potentially require replacing when you can’t seem to get the temperature to a comfortable level.
6) AC Unit is Older than a Decade. Where the air conditioner’s age is not a symptom, but it is factor to consider. You can expect for the normal wear and tear may have done a number on your capacitor with a system that is over 10 years old. Eventually, the capacitor will need to be replaced.
Central Air Conditioning Repairs, Installation & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Though there are some ways you can test your unit to confirm the capacitor is faulty, it is in your better interest to hire a professional. If the capacitor is not the problem, an expert can identify the issue at hand. Call in the experts of Hal Mechanical and let our technicians assist you with high-quality services and help your better depend on the air conditioner if in the event you suspect there is something wrong with the capacitor, or if the air conditioner is not performing to its full potential. We are readily available to provide and deliver the air conditioning system services you require.