If you rely on a boiler to keep warm during the winter months, you know how expensive it can be when your boiler has problems. The key to keeping your boiler in tip-top shape is to take care of it. Maintenance is always going to go a long way when it comes to keeping up with your boiler demands. When you have a boiler that is running efficiently, you will notice that you don’t spend near as much on heating costs during the winter. Hal Mechanical is here to share some tips that will help you keep your boiler running well this winter.
Tips to Maintain Your Boiler this Winter
To take proper care of your boiler, you are going to have to follow some maintenance tips. Following are some tips that will help you keep your boiler running as efficiently as possible this winter.
– Keep Boiler Clean: Just like anything else, you will notice that your boiler runs much more efficient when you keep the appliance clean. Keeping the soot down will help keep your boiler running well. Make sure you check things out while you are cleaning it as well. Check for any joint leaks that could be letting air in where you don’t want it.
– Check Air Vents: You need to make sure the vents in your home are free and clear of debris as well. The number of vents in your home can have an impact on the way your boiler works. If there are too many that are obstructed or covered, it can cause problems for your heating system.
– Check Boiler Connections: Make sure the electrical connections on your boiler are in good shape. This includes the gas pipes and the water connections as well.
– Keep the Boiler Pressure Right: You need to make sure the pressure is right when your boiler is on and running. If the pressure is too high, you will need to lower it by “purging” some of the radiators until you get 1.2-1.5 bars of pressure.
– Bleed Radiators: Speaking of radiators, it is important to keep an eye on them as well. They will need to be purged from time to time to get rid of any air that has built up inside of them. By doing this, you will keep your boiler working as efficiently as possible.
– Call for Boiler Repairs as Needed: If you are in over your head with a boiler issue, it is important that you call in your HVAC company for help. Having the right training is important in maintaining and fixing your boiler.
Boiler & Furnace Repair, Replacement & More in Aliante, Desert Shores, Centennial, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are having issues with your boiler, you can turn to the pros at Hal Mechanical to get to the bottom of the problems you’re having. We will be able to quickly diagnose the issue and do whatever needs to be done to get it back up and running as soon as possible. Call us today!