As we get ready to turn on our AC systems to keep us cool this summer, it is important that you are taking time to properly maintain the units. Without proper maintenance, your AC is more than likely going to run into issues that will leave you feeling uncomfortable in the heat of the summer. The best way to do this is with a professional AC tune up. During a tune up appointment, it isn’t uncommon for issues to come up. Hal Mechanical is here to talk about some of the most common AC issues that come up during an AC tune up.
Common Problems That Arise During an AC Tune Up
It isn’t uncommon for issues to come up when a tune up is being performed on your AC unit. While this can be frustrating, it is more frustrating when these issues aren’t caught early on and end up being a bigger problem to fix down the road. Here are some of the most common AC problems that usually come up during a maintenance appointment.
– Refrigerant Leaks: As your AC gets older, it isn’t uncommon for issues like refrigerant leaks to come up. Since the refrigerant in your system is found in a closed system, the only way you would ever need to have refrigerant added to the unit is due to a leak somewhere. Sometimes, this can be fixed without replacing the unit entirely.
– Dirty Evaporator Coils: It is normal to have dirty evaporator coils in your unit when it comes to a maintenance appointment. These coils circulate refrigerant fluid and can accumulate dirt and grime during the process. When this happens, it can lead to inefficiency. When technicians notice this problem, they will clean the coils to increase the efficiency of the unit.
– Electrical Issues: Sometimes, there are electrical issues that can come up during routine maintenance. If this is the case, they need to be fixed right away to avoid any danger of shock or even fire. A technician will give your unit’s electrical components a thorough inspection to search for any issues that need to be fixed. This will ensure your home is safe from electrical fires.
– Condenser Coil Problems: The condenser coils need to be cleaned just like the evaporator coils do in your AC unit. The dirt and grime that builds up on these coils will keep your AC from working efficiently just like dirty evaporator coils will.
– AC Fan Problems: Your AC unit has a blower fan inside of it that can wear out with time as well. The fan blades often need to be replaced as the unit gets older.
Central Air Conditioner Inspection, Tune Up, Repair, Replacement & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you haven’t had your AC tuned up yet, now is the time. Hal Mechanical will perform routine maintenance on your unit so that your AC unit is ready to go as soon as the weather starts to heat up. Call us today!