As a part of regular care and maintenance for your air conditioner unit, many people do not realize the importance of having the outdoor unit cleaned. The outdoor unit easily collects dirt and debris on the surfaces, especially on the cooling fins. Leading to increased operating cost, energy usage and reducing the efficiency as well as expediting the wear and tear when the outdoor unit is overburdened with grass clippings, leaves, dust, and dirt; the unit’s performance is hindered. The compressor and condenser are located inside the outdoor heat pump unit. The condenser fins are the primary element to help the system dissipate heat more efficiently. Once the heat is removed from the indoor air through the refrigeration cycle, the hot refrigerant gets sent to the outdoor unit. The condenser fan will assist in blowing air over the outdoor coils and releases heat energy to the outside air. It will take a lot longer for the refrigerant to release the heat should the outdoor unit is clogged, and airflow impeded, however. We at Hal Mechanical would like to share how you can clean the outdoor unit in an effort to help your air conditioning work more effectively today.
What Happens if AC Condenser is Dirty?
The air conditioner only takes longer to cool down the home when the unit is over encumbered with grit and grime while wasting energy and money. The air conditioner could overheat and breakdown, especially so on hotter days. professional maintenance is essential for your air conditioning system which reduces the likelihood of breakdowns as well as managing the performance and energy usage. Either do it yourself or contact a professional for a cleaning service, you should have it cleaned in between maintenance services, where the technicians clean the outdoor unit impart of maintenance services. The steps to clean your outdoor AC unit is outlined below.
How Do You Clean Outside AC Unit?
Before getting started collect a soft-brush upholstery attachment; air conditioning coil cleaner, the manual can help you select the right one, and a ready garden hose equipped with pressurized nozzle attachment. In addition to having the right equipment, make sure to wear protective clothing, such as work gloves, shoes, pants, and long sleeve shirts, as well as eye protection.
1) Usually found on the exterior wall, the electrical disconnect found in the metal box on the outside of the unit will need to be flipped off. Make sure the thermostat is switched to the “off” position.
2) For added safety consider possibly cutting the power with a pullout switch or a circuit breaker shutoff and/ or pull the plug.
3) Clear away the bulky debris while wearing gloves.
4) Delicately remove the debris from the condenser fins being careful to not bend the fins using the vacuum hose and the soft-brush attachment.
5) Remove the residues from the exterior with the water hose and pressure attachment afterwards.
6) According to the directions, administer the coil cleaner.
7) Let the cleaner foam and bonds with the dirt on the coils for about 10-15 minutes.
8) Using your garden hose, rinse the coils well.
Central Air Conditioning & Forced Air Furnace Maintenance, Installation, Replacement & More in Aliante, Desert Shores, Centennial, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Ideally, at the start of spring and at the end of summer is when the exterior unit should be cleaned since it needs it twice a year. Call the qualified experts of Hal Mechanical and let us do the rest, no matter if you take I the job yourself or hire a pro, the outdoor unit needs a good cleaning. For air conditioning cleaning and/or maintenance services.