The hot temperatures are officially controlling the valley and homeowners are cranking on the air conditioners to survive the 100-degree weather as a result. Observing any short comings should solicit a call to a professional to minimize the deterioration and ensure the unit will last all summer when it comes to the air conditioner. Short cycling is a common issue that needs to be addressed and we at Hal Mechanical would like to elaborate on today.
What is Air Conditioning Short Cycling?
When air conditioner switches on and only for a short time frame runs to the flip off, and then starts the whole process over again shortly thereafter, this is anomaly known as short cycling. The few that do recognize it often ignore the problem, not realizing the extent of the issue it has on the system but must do not even recognize the short cycling when it occurs. In order to identify and execute appropriate solutions, short cycling indicates a problem that takes a trained expert usually. The unit suffers significantly, and energy bills increase with short cycling.
What Causes AC to Short Cycle?
Due to the listed events below, the air conditioner usually short cycles.
1) An oversized air conditioner is installed your home.
2) The refrigerant levels are low in the air conditioner.
3) An air conditioner’s unit electrical system malfunctions.
4) A frozen layer over the evaporator coils.
5) Overdue air filters maintenance.
How Do I Fix My AC Short Cycle?
Take the following steps below if you notice the occurrence of short cycling.
1) Change or clean the air filter accordingly. Though the simplest task, changing the filters is the most often overlooked maintenance for your HVAC system. Depending on the individual factors, homeowners need to change the air filter every 4-12 weeks, living the Las Vegas desert, we recommend 4-6 weeks without exceeding 8 weeks. By checking them in 4 weeks from a fresh filter and every week inspect them until they are filled to capacity, you can find the right pattern for your air filter maintenance. Take the note the weeks and do this a few times in a row to confirm the weeks your unit’s filter need to be cleaned or replaced. When there are several people living in the home, those with indoor pets, climate, smokers, and those who are sensitive to allergies and asthma attacks, people can expect to change the filters more frequently. Make sure to take the appropriate action; reusable filters can be cleaned, and disposable filters should be replaced. Always check the air filters first when you suspect short cycling.
2) Hire a licensed HVAC contractor. When short cycling occurs, there is a mess that a certified expert can help with. A professional will need to rectify oversized units, poor electrical systems, low refrigerant, and frozen coils. Make certain to immediately switch off the cooling system from the thermostat before you call the pros to avoid further damage if you notice that the coils are frozen. To determine the steps in maximizing the performance, the technician will run diagnostics, test the system, and inspect the unit.
Central Air Conditioner Tune Up Maintenance, Repair & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Call Hal Mechanical and let us take care of you if your Las Vegas Valley air conditioner is short cycling or requires other repairs or services.