As a homeowner and somebody who is very busy with work, school, kids, or life. You may want to know the process of installing a new furnace so that you understand how to prepare for the installation process. Hal Mechanical wants to help you understand the process a little better so that you can prepare yourself and your day.
What are the Steps to Install a Furnace?
When installing a furnace, there are a few steps that you want to know and understand.
– The HVAC contractor needs to remove the old furnace so that they can replace it with the new one.
– The technician will check your home, and take measurements so they know the appropriate size of the furnace.
– They will repair any ductwork and vents to make sure that the new furnace flows properly.
– New furnace is put in its designated location and secured down.
– Connecting wires and gas to make sure that everything is running safely.
– Heating Contractor will test the furnace to make sure it is correctly done
Factors that Affect Furnace Installation Time
Nobody wants to sit around all day waiting for someone to install something in their home. But installing a furnace does take time.
– During this time the type of furnace will affect the time. Different types of furnaces require more complex venting.
– Depending on the size of the home will depend on how long it takes. Larger homes or homes that have an intricate duct system can take more time
– How easy can you access the area? If it is tight or difficult to access then it can take them more time to install your furnace.
– If you are customizing your furnace with upgrades, zoning systems, or purifiers, it can extend the timeframe.
How Long Should it Take to Install a Furnace?
Most people want to know a timeframe so that they continue with their busy lives instead of waiting around. On average, they can take 4 to 8 hours to install the furnace. But if you are customizing or it is a more complex system it can take a day or more to do. If it is a smaller and simpler replacement, then it could only take a few hours. Many factors determine the time frame.
Professional vs DIY Furnace Installation
When it comes to doing it yourself or hiring a professional it is always smart to hire a professional when you are installing a furnace. A few reasons are safety, warranty, efficiency, and expertise. Installing a furnace is their job and they know what to do and know how to do it right. When you use a professional, your furnace gets a warranty that can help you in the future. Having a professional install your furnace will help give you the peace of mind of knowing that it is done correctly.
Heating Services & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Don’t try to install a furnace by yourself. Hire a professional company that knows how to do it right. Hal Mechanical is great at our job and can install your furnace correctly. If you are ready to install a new furnace, then give us a call and we can start the process and get you a new furnace.