The HVAC system in your home or business plays an important part in keeping you comfortable. You probably don’t think too much about it throughout the year, but, but the extra load from cooling your buildings in the summer and heating your living or working places in the winter is when you will more likely be dealing with problems that can lead to failure. While most homes and businesses in the valley rely on central air conditioning and heating, we didn’t want to neglect our valued customers that rely on boilers to heat their premises during winter. Today, Hal Mechanical is going to delve into common boiler problems to help you solve them quickly this cold winter season.
Boiler Not Turning On & Other Common Heating Problems
1. No heat or hot water from boiler. This is the last thing you want on a cold day. Possible causes include broken airlocks, failure or motorized valves, problems with the thermostat or low water levels. These are problems that will most likely need to be taken care of by a professional.
2. Loud boiler kettling noises. Noises that sound like a kettle boiling coming from your boiler need to be diagnosed. When lime scale or sludge builds up on the boiler’s heat exchanger you may hear this sound. These deposits can restrict the flow of water in the heat exchanger. The water can then overheat, steam, boil and create the kettle-like sounds.
3. Other strange boiler noises. The common cause of banging, whistling, or gurgling noises coming from the boiler is air in the system. It could also be due to low water pressure or it’s kettling. Older systems are also more prone to pump failure that can cause these sounds.
4. Leaking and dripping from boiler. There are a few problems that can cause your boiler to leak or drip. The cause will be determined by where the water is leaking. Broken internal components are the most common cause. Corrosion can also lead to a leaky boiler.
5. Low boiler pressure. It’s very easy to check the pressure of your boiler. Take a look at the built-in gauge. If the needle in below 1, you have a low boiler pressure issue. This creates a system that can’t function properly. The problem might be a water leak, a pressure relief valve that needs to be replaced or the radiators were recently bled.
6. Boiler pilot light is out. The pilot light stays lit to light a larger burner. If that little blue flame keeps going out it might be due to a broken thermocouple that is halting the gas supply, a draft keeps blowing it out or there’s a deposit buildup on it.
Boiler & Furnace Heating Services & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Boiler systems from one boiler to another are usually unique and need to be serviced by qualified professionals. Trying to fix a boiler issue yourself can cause injury and further damage to your system. When your boiler gets old, it’s more susceptible to faults and it won’t run as efficiently as it used to. You need to consider replacing your boiler if it was installed over 10 years ago. Brand new boilers come with warranties, can help lower your heating bills and make your home a safer place to live. Contact Hal Mechanical for expert boiler services today!