If you live in Las Vegas, you can’t afford to have AC problems. The high temps that we experience here make it more important than ever to have an AC unit that is running properly. To avoid common repairs on your AC unit, you need to know what causes them. Hal Mechanical is here to share some of the top reasons that may be causing your AC to need repairs so that you can do what it takes to avoid them.
Causes for Air Conditioner Problems
Following are the most common causes for AC repair:
– Low Refrigerant Levels: If your AC system has a leak in the refrigerant lines, you won’t have enough refrigerant for your AC to work properly.
– Frozen Evaporator Coils: Your evaporator coils need warm around circulating them for them to work properly. When this doesn’t happen a layer of ice forms around them and your system can’t work properly.
– Dirty Condenser Coils: Your outdoor unit should be cleaned every year before summer strikes to remove any dirt and buildup that forms on your condenser coils. Dirt gets in the way of your unit working.
– AC Fan Problems: The fan blows warm air over your evaporator coils to keep them from freezing. If it isn’t working, it creates problems.
– Clogged Condensate Drains: All the moisture from your AC system needs to have a place to go and when your drains are clogged, the moisture can back up and damage the system.
How to Prevent Air Conditioning System Problems
Following are some easy steps that you can take to prevent the problems that are listed above:
– Change Air Filters: Airflow problems in your AC unit can be caused by a dirty air filter. You should be changing your filter every month to avoid this.
– Clear Debris From Outdoor Condenser Unit: The condenser and our outdoor unit needs to be cleared from debris that can hinder airflow and keep your system from working properly. The coils should be cleaned every year before AC seasons starts to avoid this problem.
– Yearly AC Tune Up & Inspection Maintenance: It is extremely important that regular maintenance is performed on your system. When a licensed professional thoroughly cleans and inspects your system, and necessary repairs can be made before they get larger and more costly. It can also work to extend the life of your unit and prevent problems in the future. With proper maintenance, you don’t have to worry about going without central air conditioning when the temperatures rise outside.
Emergency Central Air Conditioning Repair in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are experiencing problems with your AC system and it isn’t working like it should to cool down your home, you need the help of the professionals at Hal Mechanical to get your AC system back up and running. We respond quickly to our customer’s calls and have a fully stocked truck that allows us to fix your AC problems same day. Call us today!