Your AC unit is one of the most costly appliances in your home. No one wants to think about needing to replace theirs. In fact, when you buy a new house, one of the first things you are thinking about is the current AC system and how long you might be able to keep it going. There are several factors that play a role in the lifespan of your AC unit. Hal Mechanical is here to talk about how long you can plan on your AC unit lasting and what can make a difference in the life span of your current unit.
How to Extend the Life of Your Central AC Unit
There are several ways that you can extend the life of your AC unit. Following are some tips and tricks that can help you get the most out of your unit.
– Clean AC Condenser Unit: When there is dirt, dust and debris on your AC unit, it can make it so that there isn’t enough air flow for it to run efficiently. Make sure to clean up the area around your unit. This would include trimming landscaping back at least 3 feet from the unit to get enough airflow.
– Turn Up the Temp: The harder and more frequently your unit is running to cool your house, the sooner it will burn out. Just by setting your thermostat up 2-3 degrees, you can extend the life of your unit drastically since it won’t be running as long and hard.
– Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance: When you schedule regular maintenance on your AC system, and your AC is properly cared for, you can plan on it lasting considerably longer. Small repairs are caught early and the unit is thoroughly cleaned which will help it run more efficiently.
Signs Your AC is Going Out
When it is time to replace your AC, you will know it because one or more of these signs will be present:
– Old Air Conditioner Unit: You can plan to get 15-20 years out of your AC unit before you need to replace it. If your AC unit is over 15 years old, you may want to consider replacing it with a more efficient unit.
– Constant AC Repairs: If you are constantly repairing your unit, you will save money by replacing it for a newer model. Frequent repairs is a sign that it is on its way out.
– Increase in Energy Bill: You shouldn’t see any drastic changes in your energy bill. If you notice a sudden spike, it could be caused by a bad AC unit. ‘
Central Air Conditioning Services & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
If it is time to replace your AC unit because it is no longer working effectively to cool your home, you can rely on the experts at Hal Mechanical to install your new AC unit. We will work to ensure you are comfortable no matter how hot it is outside. Call us today!