When it comes to the warranty on your new AC unit, there are some things you need to know about it moving forward. You don’t want anything to happen to that warranty in the case that you may need it down the road. To keep the warranty valid, you will need to follow several steps when it comes to maintenance and repairs made. Hal Mechanical is here to talk about AC warranties and what you need to do to protect yours.
Why an Air Conditioner Warranty is So Important
Sometimes when you’re in the process of replacing an expensive AC unit, the last thing you want to do is spend more money on a warranty. However, you may find that this is money well spent if you are ever facing AC troubles. A warranty on your AC unit can help curb the high costs that come with AC repairs so that nothing stands in the way of you being as comfortable as possible in your home. If you are faced with an AC repair that leaves you unable to pay to have it fixed, you could find yourself in a world of hurt during the summer months.
How to Choose the Best AC Warranty
When choosing a warranty for your AC unit, it is important to note that not all warranties are created equal. Some are going to give you better coverage than others will. Here are some of the considerations you should make when choosing the right warranty for your AC unit.
– AC Warranty Coverage: Obviously, one of the biggest things on your list of considerations should be the coverage that warranty offers. Some may only cover the cost of the parts but not the labor. Others may cover labor but not parts. You are going to want to make sure you’re picking one that will cover both.
– Warranty Expiration Date: Some warranties have an expiration date on coverage. You can plan on most AC units lasting about 10-15 years before needing to be replaced. Make sure the warranty is going to give you coverage for a good portion of that lifespan.
– Warranty Fees: There are some warranties that are going to have processing fess attached to them. You don’t want to get stuck paying high processing fees, as this could negate having the warranty in the first place.
Is the AC System Covered Under Warranty?
There are usually a few things you need to do as a homeowner to protect your warranty:
– Schedule regular maintenance appointments
– Register the appliance once it’s installed
– Choose a qualifying AC company for all repairs
– Use the right parts during repairs
Central Air Conditioner Tune Up Maintenance, Repair, Replacement & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are having trouble with your AC unit in any way, you can call on Hal Mechanical to help you get it back up and running. It doesn’t matter if you need a replacement, repair or simply need maintenance, you can count on us. Call us today!