When cold weather starts to come in, you want to be able to turn on your furnace and have your home warm. You do not want to start with problems and you do not want problems to occur in the middle of winter. The best way to make this situation happen is they get a yearly tune-up. Hal Mechanical explores this further below.
What to Expect During a Furnace Tune Up?
It is very rare for a furnace to go its lifespan without needing any repairs. Just like a car it needs a tune-up to run efficiently. The tune-up can benefit your furnace. A technician will come in and inspect the parts, clean the furnace, and make sure everything is working properly. During a tune-up, the HVAC technician will
– Check for any cracks and wear and tear on your furnace
– Check the gas burners, pilot light, thermostat, and airflow
– Clean the fan blades, coils, drain line, and blower
– Lubricate parts to make it run better
– Change or clean filters
– Fix any minor repairs on parts that have been worn out
Having a technician do a tune-up of your furnace yearly can truly benefit your furnace and help it run better. You do not want a carbon monoxide leak from your furnace. Getting a tune-up can help prevent this from happening.
What are the Benefits of Furnace Tune Ups?
Even if you did not have problems with your furnace last year, it is smart to get a tune-up before you start it up again. Having a yearly tune-up can come with many benefits for you and your furnace.
– Increases efficiency– When you have dirty coils, a clogged drain, bad wiring, low fuel, or other problems with your furnace then it does not run as efficiently. When you run your furnace, you want it to run properly and to its fullest. If it is having problems, then it can take longer to turn on and warm up your home, costing you more money because it is not as efficient. Over time your furnace will collect dust, lose lubrication, start to have electrical problems, and things will start to wear out. When you get a tune-up it can help your furnace continue to be efficient.
– Less furnace repairs– If you don’t get regular maintenance done on your furnace, then the parts will wear out quicker than if it is constantly being taken care of. You will get an increased chance of a complete breakdown and need to call for help to get your furnace up and running again. With a tune-up, they can find the issue before it becomes a problem.
– Life of the furnace is better protected– If you neglect your furnace, it will have frequent breakdowns that you will need to call for repairs. It will also decrease the life of your furnace. Your furnace needs to have tune-ups to help it last longer. Neglecting to get tune-ups, the lifespan of your furnace will decrease which will increase the chance of you having to get a new furnace sooner than you may want.
– Keep furnace warranty – If your furnace has a warranty you need to continue to get tune-ups. If you do not get tune-ups, then your warranty can be void, and will not help you if you have a breakdown.
Furnace Maintenance & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Getting a tune-up and maintenance done on your furnace can be so important to help your furnace last longer and work better. Yes, things can happen to your furnace but getting maintenance done can help those problems be smaller than if you just left the furnace alone. If it is time for a tune-up, then give Hal Mechanical a call.