Each and every one of us rely on our AC to keep us cool in the heat of Vegas summers. Unlike many other places in the country, we have to think about this much earlier than other places that experience a traditional winter. We start to see an increase in temperature much sooner, and that’s why many of live here! As we start to see warmer days, you may catch yourself asking the question, “is my AC ready for the heavy work it needs to do this summer?” Hal Mechanical is here to talk about the importance of AC maintenance and why you want to be thinking about this long before the temperature increases.
How to Prepare Air Conditioner for Summer
There are several things that need to be done to ensure your AC system is up for the task at hand this summer. Following is where you should start:
– Inspect Your AC Unit: The first thing you should do before you turn on your AC system for the first time this spring/summer is to inspect your outside unit. Look at all the panels and be sure that none of them have become misaligned or fallen off during the off season. If you notice something isn’t right, call a professional as there is a risk of electrical shock here.
– Clear Area Around Condenser: If you notice that there are any brush or debris that have settled around your unit this winter, it all needs to be removed before turning on the AC for the first time.
– Change Air Filters: Without proper air circulation, your system can’t work as it should. Before your cooling system is ready to go this spring, the air filter needs to be changed.
– Clean Condenser Coils: Keeping your condenser coils clean will do wonders in extending the life of your unit. They collect dust that should be removed before you turn it on.
– Check the Thermostat: Your thermostat needs to be working properly or you will go to turn on that cool air to find yourself deeply disappointed.
Central Air Conditioner Tune Up Preventive Maintenance & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
There are many working parts to your central air conditioning system. When you have the experts at Hal Mechanical perform routine maintenance on your unit before the heat of the summer, you know that you’re all set to enjoy a cool and climate controlled summer. During our routine maintenance appointments, we will thoroughly inspect the system for any signs that repairs need to be made. This can help you avoid larger, more costly repairs down the road as we catch these problems while they are still small. When you take care of any routine maintenance before the busy season strikes, you don’t find yourself waiting weeks before you can be worked into the schedule. Call us today to schedule your AC maintenance to ensure your system is ready for the heat!